The SEforALL Asia-Pacific Regional Hub is led by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), with the Hub Secretariat hosted at ADB Headquarters in Manila, Philippines.
Its objective is the help SEforALL realize its 2030 Goals, which are:
- Ensure universal access to modern energy services;
- Double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency; and
- Double the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
Since its establishment in 2014, the SEforALL Asia-Pacific Regional Hub has implemented the following activities:
- Support the preparation of rapid assessments, country action plans and investment prospectuses.
- Facilitate policy dialogues among stakeholders.
- Catalyze investments in energy access, renewable energy, and energy efficiency.
- Develop market-based approaches for the delivery and consumption of energy.
- Build synergies and promote knowledge sharing among its stakeholders.
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of activities and initiatives of its stakeholders.